FAQs and Troubleshooting for Testlify Users
This article will answer some of the commonly asked questions and troubleshooting points by the users.
The information present in this article is relevant to all the users on any plan.
- Why can’t I log into my account?
- Why am I not receiving the One Time Password for registration or logging in?
- Why is not my email address being accepted when registering for an account?
- Can I delete my account on Testlify? How?
- How do I add users to my account?
Assessment and Test Questions
- Are the tests available in different languages?
- Can I customize the test questions that will be asked to the candidates?
- Can I set a deadline for the completion of my tests?
- Can I test my assessment myself?
- Do you offer proctored assessments?
- How can I delete an assessment?
- How do I edit an assessment?
- How do I change the time limits on the test?
- Who others can edit an assessment on my account?
- Do you offer a free trial?
- Do you offer pay-as-you-go plans?
- I’m having trouble accessing my billing details. What should I do?
- Can you provide me with a quote or purchase order?
- How can I cancel my plan?
Results Analyzation Questions
- How can I download a candidate’s results?
- How can I see the questions and answers to the tests?
- Is there any benchmark scoring?
- Why are my candidate’s scores so low?
Candidate Related Questions
- Can a candidate use a mobile device to take an assessment?
- Can I see how long my candidate took to complete the assessment?
- Can I reduce the number of candidates using the public link?
- My candidate experienced technical issues. How can I reset the assessment for them?
- Why can’t I invite candidates to my assessment?
- Why is a candidate’s email address not being accepted?
- What instructions does my candidate receive?
- Can I get a notification when a candidate completes an assessment?
- Can Testlify be used for training or educational purposes?
- How do I turn off the anti-cheating measures?
- Is Testlify GDPR compliant?
- Is Testlify SOC2 compliant?
- Will our data be private and safe?
1. Why can’t I log into my account?
This happens usually because your account has not been verified yet.
- To verify your account, check the Inbox or Spam folder of your email for any mail from us. Click on the enclosed link to get the One Time Password and verify your account.
- If you find the email in the spam folder, mark it as Not Junk/Spam to ensure that you get all the valuable updates from us in the future.
- If you have not received any email from us, we recommend you contact your network administrator. Our domain might have been blacklisted, so you have to whitelist it to keep receiving emails from us.
- If you still are not able to log into your account, contact our support team or you can directly email us at email@example.com
2. Why am I not receiving the One Time Password for registering or logging in?
First, check the Spam folder of your email for the mail with the OTP. If you do not find any email, contact your network administrator to whitelist our domain. Try verifying again.
3. Why is my email address not being accepted when registering for an account?
Testlify is a tool intended for use by business professionals, we only allow you to sign up for an account if you have an email address associated with a business.
In other words, you need an email address that belongs to a custom, personalized domain. An email address on a domain that provides personal email services like Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, etc. will not work
Here are some reasons for blocking sign-up with personal or educational email addresses -
- We offer services for the use of companies to create and deliver pre-employment skill assessments and tests as a part of their hiring process. We do not provide any personal training or educational services.
- Personal email addresses are blocked from registering to contain the candidates from signing up and trying to take the tests themselves before taking up your assessments. This ensures fair assessment throughout the whole hiring process.
- We prevent registering with educational emails to stop the students from signing up and using our platform as a study aid.
If you are employed by an educational institution, you can still register by contacting us.
4. Can I delete my account on Testlify? How?
5. How do I add users to my account?
To add users to your account, first log into your account. Then tap on the profile icon on the top right corner and you will find the option to Manage Team. Once you click on that option, you will find the option to Add Members by entering their name and role.
Assessment and Test Questions
1. Are the tests available in different languages?
Our complete skill test library is in the English language. However, we do have the candidate interface available in the following languages:
We do accept requests to get you the test libraries in other languages at an additional cost. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to assist you with this requirement.
2. Can I customize the test questions that will be asked to the candidates?
We do not allow anyone to choose the test questions or customize them to preserve the test.
The questions are used at an equal rate and once a question has been used too many times, it is retired and replaced by a new one. So, you can’t view, choose, or customize the question banks.
However, you can create a custom question test library for a particular assessment by adding your own custom questions.
3. Can I set a deadline for the completion of my assessments?
Yes, you can do this when creating your assessment by making the change in the assessment Settings.
- Assessment settings> Configuration>Invitation email link validity
- Enter the number of days after which the link will automatically expire
As a workaround, you could set a deadline for a test by customizing your invitation email and clearly stating the deadline to complete the assessment.
You can then archive the assessment to prevent the candidates from accessing the tests further.
4. Can I test my assessment myself before inviting candidates?
Yes, we encourage you to take your test yourself before inviting the candidates to experience the assessment the same way your candidates will.
Once you create the assessment, all you need to do is send the candidate invite to yourself (your email ID).
5. Do you offer proctored assessments?
We offer various proctoring measures to ensure fair testing through Remote & AI Proctoring. Our proctoring measures include:
- Trust Insights
- Location and Device Access
- Web camera and mic-enabled assessments
- Candidate session recording
- Capturing snapshots of candidates every 2 minutes etc.
6. How can I delete an assessment?
Assessments on Testlify can’t be deleted. You can however archive them.
If your assessment was created but you did not invite any candidates, you can simply remodel it by changing its name and content to suit your current needs. However, if you have invited candidates to an assessment it can not be edited.
7. How do I edit an assessment?
Assessments can only be edited if you have not invited any candidate to take them.
To edit an assessment, click on it. On the new page, you will find the option to edit in the top right corner.
If you have invited the candidates to appear for a test but want to edit it, copy the test token and then archive it to prevent the candidates from accessing it. You can then make necessary changes to the assessment and invite the candidates.
8. How do I change the time limits on the test?
Here's how you can do it:
- Edit the assessment
- The tests added will be displayed on the right-hand side panel.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the test
- You can edit the time in the displayed box
- Click save
1. Do you offer a free trial?
Yes, we do offer a free trial for 7 days. In this period, you can access all the features available in the paid plan for free.
2. Do you offer pay-as-you-go plans?
No, there are no such pay-as-you-go plans currently. We offer Monthly and Yearly plans. You can have a look at our current plan details here.
3. I’m having trouble accessing my billing details. What should I do?
You can access your billing details and invoices anytime through your profile by logging into your account.
4. Can you provide me with a quote or purchase order?
5. How can I cancel my plan?
You can cancel your plan anytime. You can also export all your data for reference. To cancel your plan, please contact us or email us at email@example.com
Results Analyzation Questions
1. How can I download a candidate’s results?
To download a candidate’s results, go to the specific candidate's results screen. At the top right corner of the screen, press the Download results icon (a platform with a downward pointing arrow).
You can download the results in pdf format through the Candidate page.
You can also download a CSV or Excel file of the results through the assessment page.
2. How can I see the questions and answers to the tests?
We do not allow any user to view the questions or their answers to keep things fair. However, you can create assessments and check by apearing for tests yourself.
3. Is there any benchmark scoring?
Yes, we have a benchmark scoring feature. The benchmark scoring is set to All Candidates by default. This means that the results of all the candidates taking the test are compared to each other to provide a benchmark score.
4. Why are my candidate’s scores so low?
The results of each candidate appearing on the test are compared to all the other applicants since the benchmark set is All Candidates.
This means that if a candidate has scored 30%, it means that they have scored better than 30% of other candidates appearing in the test. This might seem to be low but bear in mind that they are potentially being compared to thousands of others.
Candidate Related Questions
1. Can a candidate use a mobile device to take an assessment?
Yes, a candidate can take an assessment using a mobile device. But we do not recommend it.
A candidate should use a laptop or a desktop to appear in the tests because the small screen of mobile can make answering the questions difficult.
Additionally, if the assessment contains questions that require the use of programming skills, they will be shown a warning that discourages them from taking the assessment on a mobile device. This is because writing code on a mobile device can be difficult.
2. Can I see how long my candidate took to complete the assessment?
Yes, you can check the time a candidate has taken to complete an assessment.
Additionally, you can also see the date and time on which the candidate was invited and that of completion of the assessment as well.
To see such information, click on the candidate you want to check. All this information will be visible at the top of the page.
3. Can I reduce the number of candidates using the public link?
No, we do not provide this feature yet.
Through a public link, you can invite and assess candidates with the required skills regardless of the CV they can present. This means you will have a large number of candidates applying.
But there will be some candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements to attempt to apply. In such cases, we recommend using Qualifying Questions to ensure that only the candidates who meet your requirements are presented with your assessment.
4. My candidate experienced technical issues. How can I reset the assessment for them?
You can’t reset the assessments for anyone. If your candidate encountered certain technical issues and needs to reappear a certain portion of the assessment again, they will have to restart the test.
To do this, you will first need to delete them from your candidate list. You will then invite them again.
Please note that your candidate will receive the same questions they were shown before, and it may impact their results (those who want to attempt the left-out portion only). We recommend downloading the candidates' original results before deleting the candidate from the assessment, then advising them to skip all tests and questions that they have already answered.
5. Why can’t I invite candidates to my assessment?
This might be because you are not allowed to invite the candidates to the test. Check with the owner of the account if you have permission to do so.
If this is not the issue, contact us.
6. Why is a candidate’s email address not being accepted?
When you invite a candidate to an assessment, our system runs their email address through a system that validates its authenticity. If the address is flagged as fake or likely fraudulent, it will be blocked. Additionally, emails that contain a lot of numbers or random characters are more likely to be flagged as fraudulent.
To prevent this, check if the email address has been typed correctly. If you are sure it is valid and still is not being accepted, contact us.
7. What instructions does my candidate receive?
When you invite a candidate to your assessment, they receive an email through the Testlify platform inviting them to take an assessment.
The default email will contain a concise explanation of what to expect from the assessment. Before they begin the assessment, they are provided with an explanation of why they are being asked to take an assessment, the time it is expected to take, and what types of things to encounter during the assessment.
1. Can I get a notification when a candidate completes an assessment?
Yes, you get an email notification when a candidate completes an assessment. To receive such emails, remove our emails from the Spam folder (if you find them there).
Also, check with your network operator if our domain is whitelisted for you.
2. Can Testlify be used for training or educational purposes?
No, Testlify is only intended to be a hiring tool with pre-employment skill assessments to aid hiring managers in their recruitment process. So there are no official qualifications obtained from the website.
You can still use it as a training platform to create tests, appear in them and get detailed results. Creating your own test offers you some authority over the questions your candidates will be asked, as all questions will be of your creation.
3. How do I turn off the anti-cheating measures?
You have the ability to turn off web camera and snapshot capture in the assessment settings. However for effectively analyzing the candidate's performance, we recommend you use these features.
4. Is Testlify GDPR compliant?
Yes, Testlify is fully compliant with GDPR, Europe’s data privacy and security law, which requires businesses to protect the privacy of EU citizens.
You can get more information about GDPR in general through the EU’s Guide to GDPR Compliance.
5. Is Testlify SOC2 compliant?
Yes, Testlify is SOC2 compliant and meets the AICPA standards for data security.
6. Will our data be private and safe?
Yes, your data is private, protected, and GDPR and SOC2 compliant.